We all know that there are two rooms that buyers pay more attention to than the rest of the house: the kitchen and the master bedroom.
So how do you make that lasting impression? Here are five steps to help your bedroom stand our from the rest.
1. The three D's -- Deep clean, Depersonalize and De-clutter the room. Remove any personal items like photos, awards and calendars with schedules. Not only is this good for showcasing a space where the buyers can envision their own stuff, but it also protects your privacy.
2. Have a neutral bed set along with window treatments that blend into the space. This helps the buyer see past the decor so that they can see theirs in your home. And please be sure to make the bed daily!
3. Remove excess furniture, sports equipment, hampers, toys, laundry, etc. Show the space that the master bedroom has to offer, not the stuff. Pare down the closets so that there is at least 50% free space. This helps them look larger (since buyers are always looking for storage!).
4. Repaint a warm neutral color over anything bold, including wall murals. Repair any damage to walls or furniture that daily use may have caused.
5. Carpets are extremely important, so they should be replaced unless they are in very good condition. At the very least, they should be professionally cleaned as to give that "new carpet" feeling.
Whether you're buying or selling a home, we want to earn your business. We invite you to contact us as we'd be happy to assist you with your important transaction.
In addition, if you have any general questions about buying or selling real estate in South Carolina, please contact us as we're more than willing to help.
Please browse our website, www.JimAndMariaHart.com, for listings, reports and important local real estate information.